Center for Oncology in Pediatrics Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit tax exempt organization. We are the philanthropic funding source for the Centro Oncologico Pediatrico de Baja California, A. C., one of only two Specialized Pediatric Cancer Treatment Centers located in Mexico.
We make it safe, easy and fun for anyone to give internationally. COP Foundation awards international grants while meeting all US laws and regulations. We visit our project monthly and issue report updates quarterly. Our project relies entirely on the generous support of donors like you to continually save lives of children with cancer.
You can be part of our solution!
It is the size of the drop that matters, not the size of the bucket!
State of Baja California and Mexico cancer outlook
- Today, pediatric cancer is a neglected area. It is the # 1 reason for death of children between ages 5 – 14.
- Today, six children will die from cancer.
- Today, there is only about 180 medical oncologists for a population of over 122,000,000.
- Today, 46% of the population lives below the poverty line of a monthly income of: US $145.26 in cities or US $92.30 in rural areas.
- Today, 52% of the total child population of 33,000,000, does not have access to medical care.
- The 5-year survival rate for pediatric cancer was only 10% in 2007.
is working together with you!
Together, we provide all medical services free of charge.
Together, we provide excellence in diagnostics the first time.
Together, we provide immediate personalized medical treatment.
Together, with our generous donors and The Centro Oncologico Pediatrico de Baja California, A. C., we have achieved:
- Over the past 14 years, thanks to international philanthropy and you, we have improved the 5-year survival rate from 10% to more than 83% at our pediatric hospital today.
- Our 5-year survivorship rate numbers are still double the national average today.
- Our initial scope was to only serve children living along the California – Baja border. Due to the number of children not having access to medical care, we have attended children from over 13 states in Mexico and San Diego as well as Ecuador.
- In 1989, Mexico’s National 5-year survivorship rate was only 15%.
- In 2007, The State of Baja California’s 5-year survivorship rate was only 10%.